When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they will not overflow you. Isaiah 43:2



Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A Sane Woman...


Yes, I think, more than anything these days, I strive to be a sane woman.

"Sane" is defined as:

1. Of sound mind; mentally healthy: "their protector, the strongest and sanest of them all" (Pat Conroy).
2. Having or showing sound judgment; reasonable.

Well, I am reading this fabulous book (cover shown above) about raising a large family and staying sane at the same time. And it is so nice to read. It is helping me gain perspective, keep things realistic, and allow and enjoy life as it happens. That's the key, really, to staying sane: keeping it all in perspective...and appreciating the blessings you have.

Special thanks to my friend, Raquel, who loaned this great book to me.

Children are such a blessing and I was just thinking today how incredibly blessed I feel each morning to wake up and get to spend the day with some of my favorite people on earth--my kids. :) And for them, I will try to stay sane...most of the time. :)

1 comment:

jen said...

I need this book. Fiction, non fiction? What's it about?