When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they will not overflow you. Isaiah 43:2



Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I Heart Craig's List




I have been Jonesing for a new dining table. I admit it.

I wanted a corner unit, or a bench picnic kind of set up. We switched to a multi-purpose table for a while when our four person table wouldn't cut it any more.

But it was so light that the kids could push it around and it was so sad looking. And I spend like 98% of my day in the kitchen, so a little extra joy in there couldn't hurt.

My research found some new ones for around $300, but my budget limit for the table was $150.

I searched Craig's List endlessly. Often, I would call and a table would already have been sold...

So I waited.

And we finally found this one on Craig's List! For $100!

When I called, the gentleman said his wife had literally just clicked "post" about three seconds before I called! HA HA HA!!! Finally!

It needs a little refinishing, but don't we all?!

6 comments:

jen said...

Don't you love it when Craig has what you need? Lucky you. But wait till after baby, right?

Jen said...

Hi! Found you over at Denton Sanitorium this morning. Isn't jen so sweet!
Love your blog! Great Craigs list find!
I also love Clover Lane. Her posts are always inspiring. I also love Diet Pepsi.
Nice to meet you! I'm following so i can come back often.
:) Jen

Lynette said...

I am so excited for you that you found this! I know you have you been wanting one just like it for awhile! It looks perfect in you kitchen!

Ginger said...

Can I just say....Craig's List is driving me NUTS! I've been shopping for a double jogging stroller for MONTHS and everytime I contact a seller, they just sold their stroller the night before! I feel trapped in my house. :o( That's the main reason I finally joined the Y.

All that said, I'm so glad SOMEONE has had success on there! Maybe my efforts will pay off soon.

AND, by the way, I just discovered Homestead Revival yesterday through your blog and added their button to my page. Chris and I would love to be "off the grid" homesteaders one day. I'm watching you and learning! lol So glad to be connected with you, Tara.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

What a perfect find! I have the worse luck with Craig's List so I've pretty much given up on it. I'm always too late.

Love the white dishes your hubby found! Also, when we used to drink milk I would freeze it all the time and it was just fine with a bit of shaking. I've frozen those liquid coffee creamers too with no problems, cheese as well.

Manuela

Dani said...

That table rocks! great find!