When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they will not overflow you. Isaiah 43:2



Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Ice Has Melted!


Today, around noon, the ice melted in our house, I love yous were exchanged, there were long hugs, and I am sooooo thankful. I was exhausted being so angry and bitter at my best friend.

We discussed our foundational values for the family and the fact that we want the kids to have fun, but also learn a few things this summer.

We planned activities, established rules, and had a blast together! See, a little communication is all it takes! (And a 44 oz. soda from Circle K. That always lifts the mood around here. Don't judge me; I just hope the baby doesn't grow a third arm.)

And to be honest, at 8:00 this morning, after the fifth wordless pass in the hallway, I truly wondered if my husband and I would ever speak again. So, it's nice it turned out this way...for the kids' sake....and the dog, and cats...and chickens. Man, we have a lot to take care of around here! I need a good partner who's not annoyed with me all day long...although I wouldn't blame him one bit...
I would be annoyed by me and my pregnant, whiny, tired, sweaty...that's enough, isn't it?

As an aside, many people have wondered why we are choosing to lease the home to which we are moving and rent out the home we have currently. The bottom line is that this is the only way for us to live our dream and still maintain our integrity to our current lender on our home.
We just weren't willing to be part of the short sale trend. So, until the market turns, and our home is worth what we owe on it, this is the way we can keep our credit good and still have more room to roam! Win win!




3 comments:

Rhondasue said...

whewwww. That's a good ending to that drama.

Dani said...

Making up makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

brooke said...

I'm so glad everythings good with the husband. Sam and I fight (or do the silent treatment thing--becuase he is not a fighter) for like 9 months after the baby is born. We are both tired and stressed and neither feels like the other is doing enough. Then one day, we are over it. I can't wait for that day to come. Sounds like the two of you are better people than we are!

I love that you won't do a short sell. You are good people.