When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they will not overflow you. Isaiah 43:2



Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Ripe, Extra Large, and a Little Anxious

This is how I feel:
I was looking at the label this morning in my favorite pregnant skirt (thank you Nancy!) and the tag said "Ripe-XL." And I thought, yes, that is exactly how I feel ripe and extra large.
In addition to these descriptive terms, I also feel like a time bomb. You know, normal women get a little heads up on their labor and delivery process. By their fourth baby, they may be looking at under ten hours from start to finish.
Not me.
Although this one could be different.
My first labor: 4 hours and 35 minutes.
My second: 2 hours and 45 minutes.
My third: 2 hours and 5 minutes.
You see the pattern here. They are getting faster. Even with the last one being 10 lbs 2 oz.
Soooooooo, then my doctor tells me last visit he doesn't think this baby is even going to be eight pounds (she obviously comes from the Scottish munchkin side of the family instead of the enormous German side.)
All these factors added together had me up for two hours last night, trying to figure out what the best plan is...because she is on the small side, I have to assume she could be even faster.
Our babysitter lives on the other side of town, but she will be here in a flash if we need her...'cause she rocks, and she's just THAT fantastic. (LOVE YOU DEB! Hope you're feeling better!)
But what if I'm here alone with the kids and Scott can't come home or I can't get hold of him?
What if...well, you know, there are like a thousand of these questions...
And then there's the due date issue...
First baby: 17 days early-water broke-8 lbs.
Second baby: 7 days early-water broke-8 lbs. 14 oz.
Third baby: on his due date-no water break until the dr. did it at the hospital-10 lbs. 2 oz.
So, this baby could be.....GASP....late...if the pattern holds. NO THANK YOU.
So, I prayed....and I am still praying...because I am a naturally anxious person, who wants everything planned and lots of psychological preparation...
And God said to me, "I will answer them before they even call to me..." Be at peace.
OK. But you know it sure would be nice to know when this little princess plans to arrive...maybe a heavenly memo or something?


2 comments:

Lynette said...

You are welcome to call me anytime day or night!!!

Mandee said...

You make me laugh ... heavenly memo ... that would be nice! Good luck!