When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they will not overflow you. Isaiah 43:2



Saturday, May 22, 2010

Decluttering and the Thrashed Baby Doll


Today, inspired by my new favorite blog, I started throwing stuff out. Big black garbage bags filled with stuff. I was merciless, going room to room. If we don't love it, it has to go. Our house is simply too small to be hoarding all this "maybe we'll use this someday" stuff!

One of the items that got garbage bagged was this totally sad looking baby dolly that Kya inherited from some well-meaning friend. Its head is beat up, only one eyeball closes when you put her down (creepy), her body is all dirty and stained, a few fingers have been chewed...in the bag it went.

Tonight, Kya (4) went looking for said baby doll and oh deary me, what a sad state her little self was in over it. I figured she'd forget about it. Three hours later, do you believe she was still crying about the ugly thrashed dolly!?

So, I said, "Kya, that dolly is thrashed. We will get you a brand new clean baby doll to love." Her response was, "No mommy, I love that baby even if she is thrashed. Please rescue her from wherever you have hidden her right away!"

So, I rescued her...from the big black garbage bag...that I swore I would not re-open. Because how can you argue with that kind of love?

No comments: