As 2010 entered in, Scott and I got out our trusty notepads to begin our home improvements list for the year. I am so excited because we have three major events this year which will help motivate us to actually complete the items on the list!!
1) New baby;
2) Homeschooling Kya officially beginning in the Fall; and
3) Christmas at our house! (With regard to this motivational item, if you are part of our family reading this, we would really like to do Christmas at our house this year and have brunch and family traditions/games after our morning festivities! We'd also like to do a caroling night and CALM night; More info to come!)
Anyway, here is the "Haner Kitchen To Do List for 2010:"
1) Convert corner nook desk to Kya's independent learning area;
2) Get a corner nook table with bench to add seating to our kitchen (we love this one from Ace Hardware);
3) Restyle the kitchen to be a more pleasant place (inspiration will be the french country image above for color and style.) This item has its own separate sublist for mommy, including creating fabric accents for windows, benches, a wallhanging, and fabric trimmed chalkboard and white boards for Kya's corner.
Oh, I am just giddy about starting these projects. Our family practically lives in the kitchen and having it be a beautiful, practical sanctuary for study, conversation, and meal time is just so exciting!
OK, here's my poll for the day. We would like a wonderful saying to put on the kitchen wall; I like the one pictured, but think perhaps I could find something even more inspiring. What do you think?