When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they will not overflow you. Isaiah 43:2



Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Midnight Squeals

Let me set the stage:

It's pitch black, the sleep machine is humming, and everyone is soundly sleeping. The dog is snoring at the foot of the bed, the cats are curled up in the living room, Kya and Wyatt are asleep in their bedroom. Scott and I are huddled up under our blankets dreaming happy dreams of a less sleep-deprived existence. Suddenly, a piercing sound disturbs the slumber. I kept the camera nearby last night to capture the excitement (you can't see anythng because he is doing this in his Pack 'N Play in the corner of our room and I'm not about to turn on the lights and play with him at 2 AM despite his insistence.) This is the fourth night in a row.

Oh Caden, we love your happiness!!! But will ya please go to sleep??

2 comments:

Dani said...

Oh Tara! You poor, sleep deprived beauty! How long did this last???

A sleep machine? I didn't even know those existed. When Beka was a newborn I would sleep with her in the living room with the stereo on static. It's the only thing that worked for a while. Gotta love that white noise!

Jeff & Heather said...

Okay Tara! Jeff and I got such a kick out of this. Why do babies decide to be cute, adorable and playful in the middle of the night? We feel your pain and hope that you start getting more sleep soon. At least he's having fun!