When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they will not overflow you. Isaiah 43:2



Sunday, December 20, 2009

Disneyland Craziness


Drove for four loooong hours, parked for 45 minutes (at the very tip top of the Disney parking structure in the last available row), went on three short rides, saw one fabulous Christmas parade, Fantasmic and fireworks.
Spent the entire rest of the day surrounded by, impeded by, astonished by, thousands and thousands and thousands of PEOPLE!!!
Got home at 1am. Disneyland on the first day of the holiday break? WHAT was I thinking??????
Despite all this, it was still beautiful, magical, and inspiring. The highlight? Ariel stopped during the parade, came right up to Kya and blew her a kiss. OH MY!!! You would have thought my little princess (dressed completely in Cinderella light-up garb) had met the President! She's still takling about it this morning.
Sidenote: Fantasmic is very scary for preschoolers...and mommies. So we ate ice cream. And we felt much better.

3 comments:

Lucky Housewife said...

I had some friends that went the day you did and they couldn't even get in! Disneyland was at capacity. They had to wait until some people left.

Brandi Wentworth said...

I love Disneyland! No matter how many people are there or how few rides we ride. Its the magical feeling of being there, its like Christmas for my family and I.

I love your sidenote, its so perfect. Marissa was shaking so bad that I thought she was having seizures so we left and watched the rest on the bacolony of our hotel. The little kids loved the fireworks at that distance :)

R. Hansen said...

Is that YOUR photo of the castle? It is beautiful.

How fun to have Ariel blow Kya a kiss!