Sometimes I feel serious and contemplative when I am blogging, which leads me to find irony or deep meaning in daily events.
Today, I am tired. My sweet kiddos did not sleep much the past two nights (and mommy stayed out waaaay too late at Christmas Bunco on Monday night (and drank caffeinated iced tea there like a BIG dope so I couldn't even sleep when I did get home)).
So, here are some reflections from this tired mommy on this day of sick kids in no particular order (list format stolen from Jennifer at "for the praise of his name"):
- "Light ash blond" on the box can actually mean grayish light greeny brown;
- One year olds cannot be left alone, ever;
- Brothers and sisters who are close in age CAN be great friends and comrades;
- Husbands who smile at you even after a hard day and even when you have grayish green brown hair are priceless;
- Facebook is not for the undisciplined;
- Wash poopy clothes in hot water to kill germs;
- If you know you are going to be nauseous and tired from noon on, get all the things that require standing done BEFORE 11:30;
- A nice clean cuddly child can erase hours of grumpiness;
- Friends who are honest about themselves and their struggles are a treasure;
- God is with us even when we don't feel Him or acknowledge Him, but He'd rather we acknowledge Him.
- When I go through the day without acknowledging Him, I have a hard time snapping out of a grumpy mood; and
- I am so thankful for other blogging moms who provide endless encouragement, advice, ideas, and research, to challenge me to make my mommyhood exceptional rather than just tolerable.
That's all for now. All our children are sleeping, which means early to rise. Blessings from this preggo sleepy thankful mommy.
If you are reading this post on Facebook and would like to follow our blog, please go to http://hanerhome.blogspot.com/