When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they will not overflow you. Isaiah 43:2



Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Teaching Freshmen

My husband refuses to blog, so I have to share some of his stories.

He teaches math...high school math...to freshmen...who couldn't give a RIP about math...

So, he has been trying to teach them manners in addition to math...also not a RIP.

So, he teaches them the flag salute. Even less of a RIP.

Today, for the 400th time, he said, "Please stand for the flag salute."

A freshman girl in the back said grudgingly, "I hate standing up..." Who says that? I HATE standing up??????

Scott laughed the rest of the period. I have been laughing ever since he told me. Sweet Jesus help my husband with this job. It is ever so unrewarding at times...

2 comments:

Raquel said...

well gosh the poor girl just had to walk from one class to the next then he asks her to stand up?! the nerve!! roflol jk omg the children of this day and age sad....

Lift Up Your Hearts said...

ROFL! This one really has me giggling. I hate standing up - ha ha!