When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they will not overflow you. Isaiah 43:2



Saturday, March 19, 2011

Tara-Style


I am ready to have a hair makeover. Call me vain, but sometimes a mommy needs to feel pretty...sometimes I look in the mirror and wonder where I went. Not in a miserable way...I just don't look like the girl I remember. Sagging, time, sun, children, caffeine...they have taken a bit of a toll. I'm still pretty cute I think, for my age, but I could stand a little more attention to detail, if you know what I mean...like my toe nails. Once, perfectly pedicured in any season, they could now be used to climb tough tree bark, if you get my drift.

Anyway, I used to at least have a sense of Tara-style, a sense of my own unique beauty...and although wifehood and mommyhood now take precedence in terms of time (rightly so) over self-beautification, when I feel good about myself, I am a better wife and mom.

I am thankful that God gave me unique features. I don't desire to be just like anyone else. And I try hard not to covet the gifts of skinniness, shiny hair, whiter teeth, or better wardrobes that some of my friends have. God made me. And I like what He makes!

Isaiah 45:9-12 is on point:
Woe to him who strives with his Maker!
Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth!
Shall the clay say to him who forms it, ‘What are you making?’
Or shall your handiwork say, ‘He has no hands’?
10 Woe to him who says to his father, ‘What are you begetting?’
Or to the woman, ‘What have you brought forth?’”
11 Thus says the LORD,
The Holy One of Israel, and his Maker:

“ Ask Me of things to come concerning My sons;
And concerning the work of My hands, you command Me.
12 I have made the earth,
And created man on it.
I—My hands—stretched out the heavens,
And all their host I have commanded.


So, lately, although totally thankful for the way God made me, I have also been aware that God made me with a desire to beautify and be creative in terms of my unique style! In particular, I have been searching for a pretty hair color closer to my natural color...my hair's roots are more pronounced than the veggies' in the garden! Haaaaa!

I found this girl (who I have never heard of before) in the InStyle website. Ashley Greene? I suppose she must be pretty popular, but seeing as my knowledge of anything vampire-related is minimal, she is new to me!

I really like her style though. And her hair color (pictured above) is yummy--like caramel sauce. I think I could do caramel sauce hair. Do you have a celebrity whose style you love?

1 comment:

Raquel said...

ok i think you are gorgeous my friend, inside and out! I think you are so pretty as a blond but i love me some brown hair i think a carmel color would be so pretty on you especially in the summer! I am trying to go read like Belinda i want my hair like hers but we are going gradual i hope to be red in the next 2 visits to my hair girl =) John is all for me going red he prefers red, brown or black hair on me no blond. what does Scotty like?
love ya!!!