When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they will not overflow you. Isaiah 43:2



Monday, April 19, 2010

Master Bedroom Redo




I don't know about you, but the room in our house that never really gets cleaned and always ends up with all the junk, is our master bedroom.

Part of the reason for this? My designated master bedroom cleaning day has heretofore been Wednesdays, which is a very busy day with church and babysitting, so I never quite get around to it.

So, I am switching Wednesday (errand day) to Mondays and big laundry day to Wednesdays.

Our current master bedroom is blue...blue walls, blue blankets, blue blue blue...And it used to look nice, but it doesn't anymore.

Since the baby will be in there with us for a while, I would like to decorate the room for both us and her. This is the look we I am going for.
I have a challenge though. I can't paint the whole room because a) I'm pregnant, and b) there is a gargantuan entertainment center on one wall that Scott swears we will never again move. And, of course, I don't know the blue that is in there because I didn't keep the color name, so touch ups are also out of the question as of now. But, the paint is chipped and marred and needs some help.
My solution? Today I will go to Lowe's and get some swatches of Behr to try to find the culprit. I will need a lot of luck as it has been seven years since we painted this room.
First priority though has to de-clutter!

Stay tuned for before and after shots!
My goal is to keep the whole project under $100.

Oh I will do a mountain/off the grid update post tonight too!

2 comments:

brooke said...

Can't wait to see what you are going to do. My master bedroom is always always the biggest mess in the house--everyone bathes in our master bathroom and everyone hangs out in bed with us so it is always a mess but I did paint and get new (to us) furniture about two years ago and it was the best thing ever and is now my favorite room in the house.

Dani said...

ooh I love the 'sea-side' looking pic of your new master bedroom to come, hopefully. So calm, so peaceful! Hey, just be thankful you have wonderful wall on which to paint...instead of wood-paneling like me. :)