When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they will not overflow you. Isaiah 43:2



Tuesday, February 23, 2010

In Search of Peaceful Mommy


Image from here.
So, I've been trying to figure something out. How do I achieve the peaceful mommy mindset that comes from a full night's sleep, arising one hour before the children to have quiet stretching/yoga/exercise/Bible study time, when I haven't had a full night's sleep in several weeks...and have a child who keeps waking up for the day at 4:45?
Mommy is not peaceful. Mommy feels like she might have a little rant at the drop of a hat, fall over asleep on the kitchen counter (where she would be stuck eternally to the PBJ remaining there from lunchtime), or melt into a puddle of silly ol' tears at any moment.
Surely Lord, you will bring me through this time, but help me see the light at the end of this tunnel! Mommy is sleepy and welcomes your peace. I have felt it many times today when I thought I might lose it and for that I am so thankful. Thank you for the "Mommy hold me" moments and the joyful laughter of a toddler. Thank you for the life that is this household. Your presence is evident and your love is wondrous.
And now I would like to get some sleep please...

2 comments:

Rossie said...

When you find her, can you send her my way ;) You always make me laugh! Love ya!

Cheryl said...

Isn't our precious Prince Jesus WONDERFUL! Oh, Tara, I just read your first second post that He gave you time in His presence this morning and OH! What a gift! I remember when Caela, my oldest, was 1 and I would BEG for time in the morning...and I remember one snowy winter day sneaking downstairs to my rocking chair and quilt in front of the sliding glass door and sat in SILENCE watching the snow fall. I will always remember that day, because Jesus sent an angel to rock her so I could have solitude in the wee hours of the morning.

Thanks for sharing, Tara. How Lovely!
Cheryl