When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they will not overflow you. Isaiah 43:2



Wednesday, August 26, 2009

TOP 10 REASONS BEING A SAHM IS BETTER THAN BEING A CIVIL LITIGATION ATTORNEY


So I have been trying to really focus on the positive lately (shock to all you who know me.) And I think that staying at home and being a mom and a wife may not be as bad as I felt last week during the dirty house of madness, PMS, laundry debacle, preparing for school, putting the house up for sale week of misery.


For instance, during my walk last night, I pushed a stroller with only two small children who were relatively peaceful (Kya was home wrestling with her daddy about not going to sleep.)


Sidenote: When I came home, Kya had won, and was wet-cheeked, but happily out of her room and sitting on the floor of the living room hoping for some "mommy time." Ahhh...


Anyway, while I walked, I thought about comparisons between my former job (civil litigator) and my current job (stay at home mom/wife):


TOP TEN REASONS BEING A SAHM IS BETTER THAN BEING A CIVIL LITIGATOR:


10. I can decide to do anything I want all day long. Nobody tells me or expects me to do anything in particular save the State of California and CPS looming in the background in case I completely ignore my children all day long.


9. I have no dress code. If I want to stay in my jammies all day long (I have chosen against this due to unannounced embarrassing visits from friends and family lately who are definitely thinking I am a slob about now), I can.


8. No pantyhose (Kind of the same as aforementioned lack of dress code, but worth its own entirely separate enumeration).


7. Messy craft-time is better than writing MSJs.


6. Cleaning the house is better than summarizing medical documents.


5. No billable hours.


4. I can play in the dirt and on the floor physically instead of metaphorically.


3. Naptime...every day.


2. I can actually have and maintain a garden and pets.


1. I get to make meals for, help, and spend time loving and being with my family every day 24 hours a day...which is usually a good thing.


Now the paycheck...oh wait, focusing on the positive...

No comments: