When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they will not overflow you. Isaiah 43:2



Sunday, May 10, 2009

You Bought What on Craig's List?


So my sweet wonderful husband has taught me a lot about living a frugal lifestyle. One of our family theories is, "never pay full price for a new item when you can get it gently used for cheaper!"


With this theory in mind, my hubby often peruses the oft overlooked Craig's List ads for bargains. Sometimes we end up with things we shouldn't have--like the used and non-functioning water cooler in the corner of the kitchen. I am still holding out hope that one day the water from it will be colder than room temperature, but not much hope.


More recently, Scott called me after school and said he was going to look at a 14 ft. trampoline. "Really? Huh." was my only response. In my mind, all I could see was a giant trampoline somehow wedged beteen the rain barrels and the fence in our approximately 14 square feet of backyard. I just thought, surely this was nothing to worry about.
But then, the price was right, the family was so nice, the thing was practically brand new and they just bought a new one for their new house because they did not want to take the thing apart, and home came the 14ft. trampoline.


He got the thing up today and I think it might just be the most fun thing I have ever experienced. And I am certain once the safety pad and net are up, I will be able to breathe when the kids are on it as well...ONE AT A TIME!!!


Just goes to show, hubbies are really cool and moms sometimes worry too much. Happy Mother's Day!




7 comments:

Raquel said...

ahh how fun! i love cragislist! half my house is from there

brooke said...

I am so jealous. I'm trying to convince the husband that we need a tramp even though it will be wedged behind the behemoth swingset and the rock wall. It will not look good but it will be so fun. I'm sure it will provide hours of entertainment. I've got to start using Craig's list.

brooke said...

Wait a minute! How do you know Brittany Kurtz? I just saw your comment on her blog.

HAPPYHANERHOME said...

Brooke: only through the wonderful world of blogs. I am pretty sure I either found her through your blog list or Mandee's. I honestly can't remember.

Sarah B. said...

You look so happy....and beautiful! Being a mommy suits you so well. Where did all that baby weight go? Or did you even gain any?

HAPPYHANERHOME said...

Sarah: I still have some baby weight which is hiding in this picture (the very reason I chose this one to post), but two ten week Biggest Loser couples competitions have really forced me to get rid of most of it. I have lost about 50 pounds since I had Caden--granted he was 10 lbs 2 oz, so that was part of it! LOL!

Adry at www.modmami.com said...

That is so cool! I love craigslist. You can find really great bargains there. I try to sell some stuff on there too and has usually always turned out great. And free advertising!