When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they will not overflow you. Isaiah 43:2



Friday, February 13, 2009

Where's Caden?











As I looked at our refrigerator door yesterday, the reflection of our treasured family and friends, I noticed that our beloved third child had not yet made it to the fridge door. Instant guilt and sadness consumed me. I swore that I would not in any way slight any of my children despite birth order. Each of their baby books would be equally filled, each would have equally laundered and prepared matching outfits each day, each would have the same provision of balanced, wholesome, organic, perfectly prepared meals three times a day with healthy not-too-filling snacks in between. And each would have an equal number of pictures representing their childhood...

Reality has since altered my promises in this regard.

Caden is now three months old. And while I have snapped a lot of photos of the kids, rare is the photo of him alone. His outfits sometimes match though they are rarely fresh-scented for more than an hour and I let him stay in the same spit up clothing for a few more hours than I used to because the laundry piles are already high enough and he seems happy. At least Caden is still eating balanced wholesome meals (how hard is that when all he eats is milk?).
So, I got out my trusty camera yesterday to at least preserve that final promise and I actually sat down at the computer and ordered the prints as well. Caden, you'll be joining the fridge fam soon buddy!

No comments: